Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Continues.

Portland is amazing. That's it, guys. End of story.
I drove down there on a spontaneous 'I'm gonna go to Vancouver/Portland' whim on Sunday, and I had such an amazing time! It gave me a chance to drive through Seattle and then Portland, kind of comparing the two. Portland wins, hands down.
The weather was very...'Seattle'...but it was fun to drive in. Better than being stuck in a hot stuffy car for a few hours. Traffic was nice both ways, which was a nice surprise. My time down there was even better.

Driving down there made me think of recent changes that have been going on. Not in my surroundings, but in the big space on top of my body (more commonly known as my head). It occurred to me that I've started to exercise my ...well, freedom, for lack of a better term. It felt so good being able to just jump in the car and go for a nice, long drive. I would have never been able to do that a couple months ago. And this is not because I would not have been 'allowed,' it's because I wouldn't have allowed myself to do it. I just didn't have motivation or the want to go out exploring like I used to, and this drive proved to me that I have that back.
It felt really, really nice.

In other news:

The job hunt continues. I'm trying to take it as one stride at a time. I learned from this past interview experience that you really can't count on anything, even if the fatbitchcowwomanwithagiantmoleeatingherface pretty much tells you that you have the job. I didn't like that false confidence at all, ma'am. Prospective jobs here in Bellingham as well as Blaine look good, though, so hopefully in a month or so I'll be out. OUT. Yes. What does that feel like? I don't know, to tell you the truth. To tell you the truth, I was only worried about having to pay an actual cell phone bill, but I'm simply going to move my line under my mom's account, and steal her discount. Yes, good plan.
And then I'll be able to get the new Google Android phone for free, still. hehe

Also, I got to hang out with everyone this past weekend which was amazing.
Pineapple Express was good, but for the record, Wall-E was better.
Except! For Seth Rogen. Is he not the most adorable thing ever? *le sigh*

No comments: